There's no reason not to be confused!

Friday, July 06, 2007

And to top it all, English boys have bouncy bouncy

Okay, quick update before I forget how to do it.

I doubt I will be writing a lot on this blog the coming months, since I am using a QWERTY lap top and I find it terribly annoying to type with.

For those who didn't get the memo: I am in England, and I'll be here for the next 6 months or so, working as a sort of au pair. The family I am living with is extremely nice, and their daughter is precious, despite entering the terrible twos and being quite a handful at times. The house is swell and my room is terrific, much nicer than anything I'm used to. The two family cats, Mathilde and Magnus seem to agree, as they spent all their time in here.

The town of Farnham, where I am, is a type of suburb to London, which means its residents tend to be rather wealthy. The centre is very beautiful and has some great shops, including a Waterstone's, which spells doom for my solvability. We're not too far from university city Guildford, and I've already been there once and prolly will head there again later today. London is either for this weekend or the next, depending on the weather, which has been the only downside here so far.

Right now I have more free time than I know what to do with, because little Joyce is away at daycare 3 days a week, and she goes to bed right after she gets home, so I'm only busy in the mornings, and even then her parents do most of the work. In a few weeks she will go to daycare less though and I should get a little busier, and I'll be glad to, right now I feel like a bit of a moocher.

They have been very generous to me here, getting me a computer and DVD player in my room, a laptop, a cellphone which is way too fancy, with a subscribtion I don't have to pay, and they are buying me a local gym membership as well, which is quite costly. I'm very grateful of course and I wish I'd have to work a bit harder!

Yesterday I made Chili Con Carnem because I felt like cooking and they said it zas the best they ever had, which zas nice to hear naturally. After that Julian took me to a local pub, and we had some pints and a very good time.

Long story short: I think I'll do rather well here.

Anyhow, I'm just about fed up with this keyboard, so that's it for now.

Cheers

3 Comments:

  • you go!
    veel plezier ginder!
    groeten,

    Dominik

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:39 AM  

  • zet uw keyboardinstellingen gewoon even op Azerty, en uw probleem is opgelost :-)

    Voor de rest: blij dat alles goed gaat ginder, expect me to drop by in August & September :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:07 AM  

  • Qwerty went wel

    De blog heeft veel 'zas' nu :p

    By Blogger Timmy, at 3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home