There's no reason not to be confused!

Monday, April 09, 2007

Wanted: Alternative looking gay male between 18 & 25, must have large penis.


K_x (good music / i dance / no good music / i not dance) zegt:
ik zie nog steeds geen blog update!
Bob *I'm a Horny Little Teapot* zegt:
seg sjoe, 'k zen wel druk bezig vo m'n werk eh
Bob *I'm a Horny Little Teapot* zegt:
wow
Bob *I'm a Horny Little Teapot* zegt:
where did that come from
K_x (good music / i dance / no good music / i not dance) zegt:
from your feminine side?
Bob *I'm a Horny Little Teapot* zegt:

great, my feminine side was raised on the Luchtbal


Something I forgot to mention last time. Last week I saw something rather touching (if you're into that anyway). I was at the Aldi, the one between Kasteelstraat and Mechelsplein, should you know it, and it was packed, which sucked, because all I was getting was a bottle of bubbly water. Anyhow, the line was of course terribly long, and I was behind a little old lady, the stereotypical old lady, you can imagine something, grey skirt, slightly blue perm, that type, and in front of her was a Moroccan woman, also the stereotypical kind, headdress and all.


Anyhow, the Moroccan woman came to the check register, and after her articles were scanned, it turned out she didn't have enough money to pay for them all, so the cashier rudely started to take things out (okay, of course she wasn't gonna give them with her, and yes, I'm sure she gets that sort of thing several times a day and it gets annoying, but she could've at least given the woman a chance to choose what she wanted to leave behind). The stuff she took out didn't seem all that important for the quality of life and stuff, and the Moroccan woman knew better than to complain so no problem there. Then the old lady paid for her articles and told the cashier to throw in the discarded stuff from the other woman, which the cashier greatly appreciated (ah, goe, dan zenekik dervanaf se madammake). Without saying a word, little old lady took the articles and deposited them into the Moroccan woman's bag. Moroccan woman looked up in grateful surprise and began to remonstrate how that really wasn't necessary, old lady didn't say anything and walked out swiftly. Moroccan woman just found time to yell 'thank you very much' with a smile on her face.


And I thought that was sort of sweet. And somehow hopegiving-ish (though I have no clue what I'm hoping for then).


The only thing that sucks a little is... that it didn't occur to me for one single second to do the same thing that old lady did.


I suppose it's easy to think of yourself as a nice, caring person as long as you're only nice and caring to your friends. I'm not saying we should all be paying for people's groceries at the Aldi, but I felt just a tiny little bit ashamed that I didn't even think of helping the woman out.



2 Comments:

  • Heel mooi, echt waar. Blauwharige oudjes kunnen toch nog verrassend uit de hoek komen...

    By Blogger Spruit, at 2:15 AM  

  • Thanks for writing this.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home